It is my distinct pleasure to present Special Guest Blogger Doug Hay, [email protected], CEO of Doug Hay & Associates. Visit Doug’s company website at http://www.doughayassoc.com for more information on effective small business internet marketing.
12 Reasons To Use Video As Part Of Your Small Business Marketing by Doug Hay
Video viewings have exploded in recent years and can be a highly effective sales tool that can be incorporated into a small business Internet marketing program.
Reasons to add video to your website:
1. You are 53 times more likely to have your site appear on page 1 of Google. (Source: Forrester Research). Nothing beats a page one listing on the top search engine.
2. Video raises click-through rates up to 200% (Source: Forrester Research)
3. While a still picture is good, a video is personal – you talking to your potential customers. Hands down much better than just text and still images.
4. Videos can be shared, passed on and recommended on social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc
5. Videos can be hosted free on many different video sites like YouTube which is now the #2 search engine.
6. YouTube alone gets some 2 Billion views per day with lots of viewers looking for “how to do something” content not just the latest singing sensation.
7. If you have lots of video content you can create your own YouTube channel.
8. You get to create a “face to face” relationship which no other form of media can do.
9. Costs are now affordable. Many firms offer competitively priced video productions or you can do it yourself.
10. As with all sales, you must gain the trust of the prospect. A professionally produced video can certainly help do that.
11. Video can be used to demonstrate products or give helpful techniques to do something such build a deck, bake a cake or grow tomatoes.
12. Video your customer testimonials and success stories. Nothing better than a happy customer raving about your products or services.
The possibilities are endless. Video should be considered for your small business Internet marketing campaign.
What successes have you had with video?
Doug Hay, CEO
Doug Hay & Associates
Effective Small Business Internet Marketing
Follow Doug Hay on Twitter: http://twitter.com/doughay
Small business integrated marketing and social media that will boost your sales & profits.